Repeat prescription service for pet medication
If your pet is on long-term medication, the Avenues Veterinary team will work with you to obtain the required treatments in the most economical way we can. This may mean purchasing drugs from us or obtaining a written prescription and buying the medication online.
If you require a repeat prescription please remember;
- It is a legal requirement that animals on long-term prescription medications remain under our care, so you and your pet must be registered with us.
- We must have actually examined your pet within the last 6 months.
- Some medications will require more frequent consultations or blood tests. We will let you know if this is the case for your pet.
- Written prescriptions are available from our Reception team – there is a fee for this service.
- You must be over 18 years old to collect prescription medication.
- You can email us, phone, or call in at the practice to set up your repeat prescription request.
- We need a minimum of 24 hours notice to process your prescription request.
- If you order medication on a Friday it will arrive on a Monday.
Contact us to discuss your repeat prescription requirements.