At the Avenues Veterinary Centre we take our responsibility as an RCVS training practice very seriously. We provide vital work experience and placements for students of all stages.
SCHOOL WORK EXPERIENCE.
We welcome students who have interest in becoming a future part of the animal care profession. Having been involved with school work experience for many years our feedback has been very positive and many of our students have continued in the veterinary profession as a chosen career path.
What school students can expect if you are accepted on a work experience placement.
- Please be punctual and presented smartly.
- Follow all health and safety guidelines as instructed by staff members.
- Be aware that veterinary placements are not always easy and that you will be guided and instructed empathetically and professionally.
- There’s a lot of ‘on your feet’ time, be prepared.
- We are a tight supportive team, be prepared to ask questions.
- Some tasks are mundane but we ALL have to do them.
Most importantly ENJOY YOUR TIME AT THE AVENUES!! We hope it give you a good idea of life as a vet/nurse/or vet support staff.
We currently work closely with Edinburgh College and provide placements to students undertaking the full time nursing degree. We do have some availability for animal care assistant placements.
We happily provide placements for vet students undertaking EMS.
If you are interested in carrying out work experience within the avenues veterinary centre please contact the surgery on 0141 643 0404.